Dawg Camp 2015: Welcome to Our Bulldawg Family!
What is Dawg Camp?
Dawg Camp is a way for incoming first-year students to find their place at the University of Georgia! Each camp has a specific focus – service, music, adventure, and leadership – which will allow you to get the most out of your Dawg Camp experience and thrive in your first year of college! Please take a few minutes to look around the site to learn about our programs! With several options to choose from, there is something for every new University of Georgia student, though you don’t have to limit yourself to just one.
Register by Clicking the Program of Your Choice Below
Dawg Camp connects current and future leaders in the spirit of UGA’s history and traditions while developing friendships in a fun environment. Dawg Camp provides a foundation for a successful college experience.
Tell Me More…
The Center for Leadership and Service, Student Activities, and the Georgia Outdoor Recreation Program at UGA sponsor a series of summer programs called Dawg Camp for incoming first-year students. For years, Dawg Camp has been highly successful in facilitating the transition from high school to college by providing participants with exposure to student life at UGA before move-in day.
Dawg Camp participants are mentored by upper-class student leaders and have the chance to make connections and get a head start on their college careers by learning about leadership, service, and involvement opportunities.
Dawg Camp participants…
- Have a strengthened community of friends and feel like UGA is their home prior to move-in day.
- Are more prepared for their first year.
- Are mentored by upper-class student leaders and have the chance to make connections and get a head start on their college career by learning about leadership, service, and involvement opportunities.
- Are more involved on campus and in leadership positions than those who did not participate.
- Are more satisfied overall with their college experience.
See for Yourself!
Check out actual staff and participant blogs about the Dawg Camp experience, or see tons of pictures here.